Cobwebs

Goodness! I knew it'd been a long while since I'd written, but I'm shocked at how the months have gone past. Their progression hasn't brought happy tidings, hence the silence in this space. I've kept checking in on all of the endlessly inspiring people who make my day better, whether or not they know it, and whether or not they have any idea who I am. That's fine; I love following each of you.

I don't know if I want to sit down and detail all of the events that have transpired over the past few months. Regardless, it's been a long haul, and I think I'm on the downhill side of it.

The basement is coming back together finally. I'd neglected the insurance claim in favour of more pressing matters. However, I got back on track. There are doorways where there used to be walls, and walls where there used to be doorways, and nothing where there used to be walls! It's going to be great.

As long as I don't screw it all up.


I'm trying to find paint colours and furniture for the living area downstairs, as a good portion of what we had was ruined when the basement flooded. I'm not a fan of looking at a televison. Mine has always been behind doors. I grew up in a trailer, and the television was always omnipresent. So, in hiding it went. However, it has become difficult to locate a wall unit that has doors like our old unit. I am scouring Kijiji (Craigslist is useless in Saskatoon) for a 5 piece wood wall unit, but little comes up. So, the search continues.

Despite the late date of this posting, I am still trying to get my garden in. I know. I know. Trust me. I didn't have a chance earlier. So, I spent today out in the garden pulling weeks so we can have it tilled, and earned a sunburn for my efforts.




Comments

Popular Posts